I have received high grades and praise from my lecturers for my work shown in these areas. Most notably:
- Receiving an A* (Mark = 90) for my Board Game Major Project (equivalent to half a dissertation).
- Receiving an A+ (Mark = 80) for my Team Project. With an additional A+ in our Project Plan.
- Receiving an A* (Mark = 90) for my Setting & World Design Document.
- Receiving an A* (Mark = 90) for my Board Game.
- Receiving an A (Mark = 70) for my Game Production.
- Receiving an A (Mark =70) for my Wireframe.
- Receiving As in the all submitted design documents.
- Receiving As in four pitch presentations.
- Receiving high grades (60-90) in the following critical essays.
Achievements, Competencies & Skills
- Competent with a wide variety of game creation engines: Unity (C#), Clickteam Fusion 2.5, Twine 1, Twine 2, Inform, Bitsy, Dreams, Construct 2, Game Maker: Studio, Adventure Maker, & RPG Maker (various versions).
- Office software: Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, Powerpoint and Dynamics NAV. Word processing at 90 wpm. Proficient in customer services, client liasing, business communication and project management/coordination.
- Asset creation software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Aseprite, Piskel
- Editing Software: Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro
- Organised two game jams on course: Tabletop & Interactive Fiction. Entered various game jams: Procgen 2015, Global Game Jam 2017, Time Jam 2018 as well as solo jams and university coordinated projects/societies (such as the Tabletop Society).
- Acted as a producer in the creation of a full board game as part of a group assignment for university course (producer role) receiving A* grades.
- Significant personal development with Twine’s macro based coding : if/or conditional branching, variables etc. Allowed the creation of games with dynamic day and night systems, randomly generated/selected missions/narrative structures, reactive NPCs, text-based games with full diegetic sound and so on.
- 8 minute short film produced for Media A Level Coursework. Film won ‘Best Film Award’ at Wanstead High School. Awarded film funding from the Eastern Edge Film Fund.
Activities & Interests
- Passion for the academic/critical/historical study and design of games and interactive media – as well as history, politics, philosophy and art.
- Love of games and interactive narrative across all forms, particularly interactive fiction.
- Frequent attendance and participation with academic/cultural/industry video game events, festivals and exhibitions across London – Videobrains, Now Play This, Adventure X, EGX Rezzed, Guardian (Gaming) Events, Museum of London, Video Game BAFTAs, gamesUR conference, open days at VFX studios Industrial Light & Magic/Framestore.