Since graduating I’ve written some article that focus on gaining a greater understanding of game design and the specific areas I find most interesting. Most of these are ongoing projects and subject to change and adaptation.
I’m also currently working on:
- Greyprints – A series that looks at cognitive/emotional focus on level design within specific games.
- Visage, Visage – A breakdown of my favourite examples of character design within video games, what aesthetics are special and an exploration of the concepts of designing characters with interactivity in mind.
- The Game Designer as Character Class – A taxonomy of the skills and specialisations of a game designer with a tabletop RPG style class approach.
- A Game Designer’s Dictionary – A breakdown of key concepts in game design, drawing on and linking toward other
- Known Knowns – A series examining the different pillars of my current design methodology.
Here are a collection of essays concerning various game studies topics written for my degree, of which all were well received and earned a high grade (60-90).